We are seeking for an expert on EU and national Funding schemes and project manager to join our team in our satellite office in Patras (Greece).
The candidate will be responsible for finding project opportunities for client.
The successful candidate will collaborate with research institutions and universities, business practitioners, public stakeholders and expert consultants to prepare highly competitive Horizon Europe and proposals alike.
This position requires for an individual who can critically review project concepts, identify barriers and bottlenecks as well as the necessary activities and resources to draft a sound and innovative project proposal.
• Monitor and identify EU (or other) project/tender opportunities.
• Ensure the successful submission of new proposals, taking into consideration the evaluation criteria of each programme;
• Design the project work packages and negotiate the involvement and financial deal with partners;
• Running creative brainstorms with clients, providers and partners;
• Interact regularly with existing or potential clients to determine their needs and to develop strategic plans for effectively securing new funds on behalf of these clients from national and EU funding programmes;
• Carry out technical and economic feasibility assessments of potential breakthrough ideas and project concepts;
• Liaise with industrial and academic stakeholders to collect all the information and knowledge needed for the preparation and submission of research proposals;
• Authoring complex and well-structured proposals in Greek or in English and submitted under structural funds and/or European funding programmes;
• Supporting the negotiation phase for those proposals that have been successful;
• Coordinate project documentation;
• Coordinate meetings, minutes and presentations for multiple projects;
• Undertake any other duties including training and consultation;
Successful candidate’s profile:
• Academic background with a Master’s or PHd degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Economics, or European studies or working experience within Funding domain for least 2 Programming periods.
• Proven experience in successful project and tender application;
• Experience in project management / implementation;
• Sound knowledge of EU (and national) funding programmes and opportunities;
• Previous relevant experience;
• Proactiveness and ability to take initiatives;
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
• Strong team spirit and eager to contribute to common objectives;
• Autonomous and independent in task accomplishment;
• Ability to prioritise and multi-task;
• Ability to handle pressure and stress effectively;
• Highly organised, with attention to detail;
• Hard-working, goal-oriented and highly motivated;
• Ability to meet deadlines effectively and to handle multiple priorities concurrently;
• Excellent social skills and a strong desire to build and maintain strong relationships;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent organisational skills and record-keeping;
• Good ICT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) ;
• Perfect English and Greek, excellent command of French or German will be an asset;
• Availability to travel monthly as part of the role;
We will offer you a very attractive overall package including:
• A competitive salary based on the level of experience;
• Yearly bonus on based on performance;
• A full time contract under the Greek law;
• A positive working atmosphere within a small team and international environment;
• Flexible working hours;
• Annually 30 days of paid leave;
It is a requirement that the successful candidate will be able to deliver independently within the first two months of their hiring. Extensive training will be offered upon hiring.
European Academy provides a creative, challenging and dynamic environment, while we encourage team spirit, cooperation and continuous learning.