2 Days Training Course & Certification
RISK MANAGEMENT FOR EC FUNDED PROJECTS
From Planning Risk Management to Implementing the Identified Risk Response Strategies for EC Funded Projects
A planned and controlled approach to project risks is an imperative and indispensable step within project management. Developing skills, knowledge and organisational processes in this area will lead to a significant return on investment (ROI) for any organisation that runs projects either internally or for the benefit of their customers.
Additionally, any entity (organisation or consortium) that exhibits a maturity level in risk management, increases the chances of being selected for funding, under the various EU funding schemes. The reason is that proper risk management acts as an alleviator for the risk averse public sector (including the various EU bodies).
Participants of the two days training will learn:
The risk management approach within the PM² Methodology
How to apply project risk management best practices to EU funded projects
How to use the risk related PM² templates/artefacts
The various project risk management roles and responsibilities
Tools & techniques to manage stakeholders
Tools & techniques to manage risks in projects
How to monitor and control project performance, with a constant focus on project risks
How to facilitate effective communication with project partners
How to tackle bias influence in the decision making process
- Before the training, all participants will be called to complete a short survey where an initial skills mapping will be performed. The outputs of the above survey will be used for the appropriate tailoring and customization of the course.
- The residential course will be proceeded by a preparatory e-learning stage, where participants will receive key information about the PM² methodology. The e-learning module will be available two weeks prior to the residential course.
- All activities throughout the residential training will be performed in groups of 4-5 people using actual projects that the respective entities perform within their organizations. An additional generic scenario will also be available, for those wishing to use it.
- Upon completion of the residential course, and for a period of one month, an asynchronous e-support will be established, that will allow course participants to submit potential questions relevant to the contents of the course delivered, and receive the respective answers.
This workshop is ideal for those who work (or about to work) on EU funded projects and companies who are collaborating with the EC. Having in your CV the acknowledgement of attending the present workshop showcases your familiarity with the PM² methodology and your commitment to project risk management excellence.
Course’s Benefits & Outcomes:
Become familiar with the current EU rules
Get exclusive information and resources on the PM² Methodology
Improve the success rate of your project proposals by minimizing the project’s exposure to risks
Increase your organisation’s competitiveness
Receive tangible and actionable advice on project risk management
Network and exchange experience with peers and possible partners from across the EU
The PM² Basic Certification is designed to confirm candidates’ basic understanding of general concepts of the PM² Methodology. The certification exam tests the level of the candidates’ understanding mainly on the what and when of the PM² Methodology, and secondarily on the who and how .
The exam questions are based on the four pillars of PM² and the PM² Mindsets, focusing more on Lifecycle and Artefacts and less on Processes, Governance and Mindsets.
For candidates to achieve the certification they must be familiar with theses PM² concepts at an adequate level so that they will be able to follow the motions of a PM² project and communicate effectively with PM² team members and Project Managers.
Prerequisites: Proof of training completion by one of the PM²Alliance Affiliated Training Providers (this course).
Exam difficulty level: Easy
Success rate: the statistical success rate of this exam is 82%.
Study material: The exam questions are based 100% on the following European Commission PM² Guide v3, 2018
- Online proctored exam
- Multiple choice questions
- 45 questions per exam
- 45 minutes duration
- At least 35 questions need to be answered correctly to pass the exam
- One mark awarded for every correct answer
- No negative marking for wrong answers
- National Contact Points for H2020
- Project Managers
- Projects Administrators
- Account Managers
- Co-ordinators and Controllers
- Development Managers
- Directors of Research
- Risk Managers
- Grants Financial Accountants
- Consultants advising Beneficiaries
- Consultants and Accountants working for the public sector
- Policy Advisors
- Public and Private Beneficiaries of EU Funds
- Competitors of companies having benefited from aid
- Coordinating Bodies
- National and Regional Public Authorities
- City Councils, Regional and Local Governments
- Regional Development Agencies
- National and Regional Ministries
- National and Regional Subordinate Bodies
- Research & Technology Centres
- Public and Private Research Institutes
- Higher Education Institutions & Universities
- Spin-off Companies
- Private Companies of all Sectors
- Associations, Foundations, Non for Profit and NGOs
- Consulting Companies
- Business Development Agencies
Participation fee for the 2 days training:
In-Class €1790 exl. VAT
Remote €1390 exl. VAT
Training package includes:
Admission to the course
Hard copies of training material
Certification of “Risk Management for EC Funded Projects” training completion
Certificate of attendance
Accreditation to Professionals Directory
Complimentary coffee & snack breaks
Complimentary networking lunch breaks